T20 World Cup: 'I have not met anyone', Rohit Sharma calls the news of meeting with Agarkar and Dravid a rumour

Rohit Sharma, Team India selection, T20 World Cup 2024: Indian captain Rohit Sharma has held a meeting with chief selector Ajit Agarkar and head coach Rahul Dravid regarding team selection. But now Rohit has termed all this news as rumours and said that no such meeting has taken place.

Apr 18, 2024 - 13:05
T20 World Cup: 'I have not met anyone', Rohit Sharma calls the news of meeting with Agarkar and Dravid a rumour

The Indian Premier League (IPL) 2024 will be followed by the T20 World Cup 2024. The tournament that will take place in the United States of America (USA) and the West Indies has already sparked discussions. Regarding who will get a chance for the Indian team, there are a lot of rumours circulating.

News of a meeting between Indian captain Rohit Sharma and head coach Rahul Dravid and chief selector Ajit Agarkar of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) regarding team selection also surfaced. However, Rohit has now claimed that there has never been a meeting of this kind and called all of this news rumours.

It was claimed in the media report that two main issues were discussed during the meeting between Rohit, Agarkar and Dravid. According to reports, the selectors want Hardik Pandya to bowl more in the IPL to cement his place in the T20 World Cup team. It was said that in this meeting, there was also discussion about fielding Virat Kohli as the opening batsman along with Rohit Sharma.

But Rohit has now made it clear that no such meeting has taken place. Rohit said in a podcast with Michael Vaughan and Adam Gilchrist, I did not meet anyone. Ajit Agarkar is somewhere in Dubai and playing golf. Dravid watching his children play in Bengaluru. Dravid had come to Mumbai, but he had just brought his son to play on the red clay wicket at CCI. To be honest, we did not meet. I think at present, unless you hear anything from me, Agarkar, Dravid or any BCCI official in front of the camera, then consider it as fake news.

Muskan Kumawat Journalist & Content Writer